In the mid 1980’s a training film was produced on how to perform a Weibull Analysis. This CD of the training film shows how to make Weibull plots by hand using a reference to the first edition of The New Weibull Handbook. It shows three case studies, and it is included on the New Methods For Life Data Analysis CD.
Of course many improvements in Weibull analysis have occurred in the last 15-20 years. The New Weibull Handbook by Dr. Robert B. Abernethy is now in it’s 4th edition and by use of WinSMITH Weibull software construction of Weibull plots are now very easy. This New Methods For Life Data Analysis CD is a portion of the complete home study kit for Weibull analysis. The stand alone price for the CD is US$50 + US$20 for domestic air-express shipments or US$40 for international shipments by air-express---so that makes the package cost US$70 or US$90 depending upon destination shipping charges.
The complete home study kit is for those who
cannot attend a Weibull Analysis seminar yet each individual needs the
technology for solving problems. The
complete home study kit consists of:
1) The New Weibull Handbook by Dr. Robert B. Abernethy
2) WinSMITH Weibull software written by Fulton Findings for making probability plots
3) WinSMITH Visual software by Fulton Findings for making reliability growth plots
4) Basic Weibull/Visual Software Training Manual for those who need more details for using the software and who, by necessity, must learn on their own at a slower pace.
5) New Methods For Life Data Analysis CD . The CD includes a US Air Force training video which explains how to perform a Weibull analysis using several three different data sets. A PowerPoint presentation is included to show Weibull analysis methods with 7 case studies of the new methods. The PowerPoint presentation is aimed at a management audience. A Word document is also included which contains tutorial information for the engineers who will conduct the PowerPoint presentation—these are coaching notes for the PowerPoint presentation.
The price for the complete home study kit is US$1050 + US$20 for domestic air-express shipments or US$40 for international shipments by air-express---so that makes the package cost US$1070 or US$1090 depending upon destination shipping charges. Home study kits are available from Paul Barringer (credit cards, checks which conform to the American Banking Association system, or purchase orders), who will answer questions about the home study kit.
The home study kit can also be ordered by individual components at higher prices.
The software operates in a 32-bit environment on Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 operating environment. Price list for the software also provide for volume discounts.
Download a taste of home study elements in the kit:
You can download demonstration versions of the software (the demo versions will randomize your input data slightly).
You can also download the first chapter of The New Weibull Handbook.
Also available for download is a short PDF file that shows excerpts from the Basic Weibull/Visual Software Training Manual. This PDF literally shows you how to make Weibull plots and Crow-AMSAA reliability growth plots..
This download information will help you with decisions about the software and how you interpret a Weibull plot.
Click here to return to top of this page