Biography For H. Paul Barringer, P.E.
Paul Barringer is a reliability, manufacturing, and engineering consultant. His worldwide consulting practice involves, reliability consulting, and training with a variety of discrete and continuous process manufacturing companies and service industries.
Barringer has more than fifty years of engineering and
manufacturing experience in design, production, quality, maintenance, and
reliability of technical products. His
experience includes both technical and bottom-line aspects of operating a
business with an understanding of how reliable products and processes
contribute to financial business success.
Barringer has been:
- Director of Manufacturing and Director of Engineering in an ISO 9001 facility for highly specialized mechanical devices used as safety valves for containing pressures up to 20,000 psi during drilling of high pressure, high temperature oil and gas wells in sub-sea and land applications.
- Director of Manufacturing, Director of Engineering, and Plant Manager for domestic and international plants threading proprietary tubing and casing connections using specialized gaging systems for quality control of metal-to-metal seals on oil country tubular goods used down hole in deep, high pressure, oil and gas fields.
- Operations Manager in a multi-plant manufacturing operation for high-speed equipment used in textile machinery.
- Manufacturing Manager and Plant Engineer in nickel and cobalt based high alloy mills, foundries, machine shops, tube mills, and fabricating operations.
- Development Engineer for ultra high-speed centrifuges used in separating uranium isotopes and biological materials on a production basis.
Barringer is a Licensed Professional Engineer (Texas-51508). He is named as inventor in six USA Patents. Also he is a contributor to The New Weibull Handbook, a reliability text published by Dr. Robert B. Abernethy. His technical society membership include-
- 2010 Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers,
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers, and
- Society of Maintenance and Reliability Professionals.
Barringer’s education includes a
MS and Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering from
Last revised 07/23/2013
Additional details on the Barringer roots are available at http://www.barringer1.com/genealogy.htm