Biography For Edwin T. Bennett
Bennett joined Barringer &
Associates, Inc. as a Reliability Engineering Instructor on April 1, 2006
after retiring from the Dow Chemical Company, Texas Operations,
Ted’s experience includes:
· Reliability Manager for Texas Operations involved the hiring of new college graduates into a company reliability engineer training program that consisted of understanding failure data, analysis of data using the WinSMITH WeibullTM software, root cause analysis, and failure modes and effects analysis. After completion of the 14 month program these engineers were assigned to production units in the role of reliability engineers.
· Special Project Reliability Manager at a specialty polymer plant that was experiencing high cost of operations and less than acceptable mechanical performance. Using techniques learned during attendance at Barringer’s Reliability Engineering Principles Seminar, the reliability team was able to improve production throughput by 14% and reduce maintenance spending by 10% during the 18 months of the project.
· Work Process Discipline Leader in the Global Maintenance Technology Center with responsibility for developing and updating the maintenance work process discipline for supporting capital projects. Components of the discipline include steps to develop maintenance objectives for the projects, building reliability into the design, and insuring all data and spare parts are entered into a maintenance management system before the project is returned to operations.
· Maintenance Superintendent for two production facilities, where he was responsible for the supervision of 8 professional staff members and a maintenance work force of 45 including both union craft personnel and contingent contract labor.
· Other assignments included Department Head for the Lubrication, Vibration and Machinery Performance Group, facilities engineer in a fabrication shop, and non- destructive testing engineer.
Military experience includes:
Technical society membership and participation:
Technical Papers Presented at:
You can download a copy of this bio as a PDF file.